Monday, March 30, 2009

Bobbi Blu

Today is a dark day. I’ve discovered that Bobbi Blu shoes no longer exist. They are my absolute favorite shoe label. They are moderately priced (they retail for about $90 a pair) and are totally unique. They are fanciful with a vintage feel and have fun details (colored soles and patterned lining). Originally, they were Kenzie and then at some point they became Bobbi Blu. The first time I saw a pair of Bobbi Blus, I recoiled in horror that someone had blatantly ripped off Kenzie’s style. Then I realized that they were Kenzie, reincarnated. Last time I counted, I had 24 pairs of Kenzie/Bobbi Blu shoes. The shoes in the picture a few posts down (Hello, Kitty) are Kenzie and I always get the most compliments on Kenzie/Bobbi Blu shoes. Well, in checking out their website I noticed the most recent collection they had pictured were Fall 2007. I wasn’t sure if this meant someone was neglectful of the website or if they were actually no longer being manufactured so I found an e-mail address and sent a frantic message inquiring about Bobbi Blu’s fate. I received a response this morning that confirmed my worst fears—Bobbi Blu shoes are no longer being manufactured. The woman didn’t say why. You can’t really find them in stores anymore as the styles most recently made are a year old but I did see several pairs on Overstock.com. Let’s all have a moment of silence for Bobbi Blu.

7 comments:

Chanleen said...

Aaaaah!!! Nooooo!!! Those are my favorite shoes too!!! And I didn't know that they were Kenzies, which was my other favorite shoe (go fig), so thanks for the 411 on that. Do you know any other shoe brand that is close? I have been looking for a long time and haven't found anything that invokes the same feeling. Let me know! Thanks!

Erin said...

Hey! I just noticed your comment. So sorry! I've been slacking on the blogging lately. But to answer your question, no I don't know of anything that remotely compares to Bobbi Blu.
:( If I see something, I'll definitely let you know, though! Thanks for reading and commenting!

Chanleen said...

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open too. They're the greatest shoes!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for bobbi blu shoes for a year, the only ones I have are totally worn out and I'm still wearing them. I am just sick!

MMC said...

THAT SUCKS!!!!! Kenzie's are my absolute favorite and I didn't even know that they were turned into bobbi blu! Hope had briefly sprung in my chest only to be squashed again. I think I'm about to cry.

Judy H said...

I bought my first Bobby Blu shoes 10 years ago, I adored them,, . I was just searching to buy them again, I came upon this blog, I was shocked, today is valentines day, 2021. And we are still looking to buy them, that tells you how popular they were and still are. I wish someone would start making them again.. I LOVED BOBBI BLU SHOES!!

russiangirl said...

I found a similar style (but not price) - Fluevog