Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New shoes


So against Amy's wishes I purchased a new pair of shoes (she forbade me to purchase shoes in order to save for a trip to visit her in NYC). But prior to this purchase, I hadn't bought any in a really, really, really long time. I honestly can't even remember the last time I bought a pair of shoes. It's been at least four months. Anyway, so I was in DSW this past weekend and tried on these amazing Naughty Monkey shoes. But they were more than I was willing to pay. So yesterday at work, I searched for them on eBay and lo and behold there was one brand new pair in my size. It was a sign from the shoe gods! The auction didn't end for like 19 days but I had to have them and didn't want to get into a bidding war with some hussy who wouldn't appreciate them the way I would. Well, I noticed there was something about the seller taking the best offer. I submitted an offer of $24 (a total bargain) and held my breath. Minutes later, I received an e-mail notifying me that he'd accepted my offer. Hallelujah! I've posted a picture. How ridiculously cute are they?! You should know in the picture the trim appears to be a navy blue but in reality they're a gorge teal color. I think they'll look fierce with a simple brown top and jeans. They're just a small Christmas gift to myself.

P.S.--When I tried them on in DSW my mom was in attendance and she said they look like hooker shoes. I don't agree.

No comments: